Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Monday, July 20, 2026

Inspired by a color board

I made a card being inspired by the colors over at AAA Cards

I had an image from Scrappehuset that was spot on for the colors, and I made my own background using a mix of distress and distress oxide inks, colors aged mahogany, wild honey, kitsch flamingo and mustard seed.
I wanted a bit of texture to the background so I used a Lisa Horton embossing folder. For a CAS look that might have been a mistake? I liked the look and cut the panel smaller so more of the card base would show. In retrospect I could have done it even smaller, but I liked the look of it. 

I kept the design simple by not adding any embellishments other than a touch a stickles glue on the flower's centres, as well as a simple greeting. 

Sometimes I find it hard to know exactly where the limit is for CAS and I will not be offended in any way if my card will be removed. But I liked the colors for a summery look and feel and wanted to join:
AAA Cards - #319 Color
 

  

 

2 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card Pia, your image and background are stunning!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Pretty card and great use of our color board. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges