Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

YIHA!

I've had this Core'dinations paper for a while, but I didn't feel I had any stamps or images to use with it. I won a challenge at "Cards for Men" and the gift was digis from Digital Delights by Louby Loo, and one of my picks was this cowboy silhoutte. This is the first time I use a digi, and to use it I had to invest in a printer first (yippee - a printer is so great to have when papercrafting!).
I used a ticket stamp with greeting for the sentiment, and I have used dies to cut out the stars - using scrap papers only. The Core'dinations paper has been sanded to bring out the star pattern, and I have also sanded along the edges to give a distressed look. The kraft paper stars have been distressed with brown ink.

I think the theme is perfect for a boy - what little boy has never played cowboys and the Wild West, even dreamt of being a cowboy himself....
This was a really fun card to make!









I enter this card into the following challenges:
1) Here Come The Boys - #26 Hobbies (playing Cowboys in the Wild West)
2) Sentimental Sundays - #100 Cards for Kids
3) Craft Your Days Away - #44 Just for Children
4) Send a Smile for Kids - For the Boys
5) Truly Scrumptious - #79 Distressing + diecuts/punches
6) Crafty Sentiments - For A Child
7) Cards For Men - Texture
8) Digi Makeover Challenge - Birthday
9) That Craft Place Challenge Blog - One for the Boys




13 comments:

Mary J said...

That is fab, Pia! The stars are brilliant and love the ticket!

Lau W said...

Oh so great ! Love your card, so masculine !
xxx

Karen Hasheck said...

What an awesome card for our For the Boys challenge! Love the image and colors you have chosen! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids. Hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the silhouette! Thanks for playing at Here COme The Boys! Woo x

Tindaloo said...

Kjempeflott kort og rĂ¥stilig digi! :)

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the silhouette with the wonderful star theme! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids for our "For the Boys" challenge :)

Eret said...

Welcome to digi world :) I can't do a single card without my computer and printer :) Your card is awesome. Love it. Thanks so much for joining our Birthday challenge at PMS Digital Makeover Challenge.
Hugs and smiles,
Eret

sandra's crafty corner said...

fabby card many thanks for joinin us at cards for men in our texture challenge, hugs sandra dt

Caz said...

This is gorgous, thanx for joining us at Craft your days away and good luck.

Caz x CYDA DT

Olivia said...

Great job on the card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, olivia

Shelby said...

Way cool silhouette card! Love how you've used the stars. A great design for any male. Thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids

Shelby

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Pia,
What an awesome male card! I always find them a bit hard to make, but this one's brilliant. Congrats on using your first digi...now there's no way back...I used to have issues with my coloring cardstock getting jammed in the printer, but now that I finally found coloring cardstock my printer approves of...I tend to use more and more digital images....

Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous card, love it, the image is fantastic, love the colours fab. Thank you for joining That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x