Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Friday, July 15, 2016

Card Kit Swap with Nonni and Marina - take #2

I'm doing a "Card Kit Swap" with Nonni of Nonni's Handmade Cards and Marina of My Perfect Life. We're supposed to make 4 cards out of the kit and we can add some of our own stash too as we're keeping it really simple and fun.

Marina sent us a kit she named "seaside stories" and it's perfect for summer.  The kit contained 3 DPs, 2 stamped images and lots of die cuts. I did use most of the set, and the items I didn't use now will be used for future projects for sure.


1) Mermaid
From Marina: the mermaid and 3 white buttons
I started heat embossing the mermaid in gold. The background was embossed, I used blue brusho and a blue and white mist, coated with frantage. Used a die from Memory Box to make the waves using a gold paper and frantage. Cheese cloth for a bit of texture. Machine stitching around the edges.
This card is for:
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with dies


2) To the beach 
From Marina: the DP and stamped woman
I colored the woman with Promarkers and a white fel pen and fussy cut it.
I made a scene of torn kraft paper, used a Dienamics scalloped die and used the negatives to make the sea. Used my own stamps for the sentiment and the postmark as well as a Memory Box die to make the seashells and starfish. Machine stitching around the edges.
This card is for:
Passion For Promarkers Challenge - #354 Summer Days


3) Boats:
From Marina: the DPs, anchor and twine.
As soon as I saw this DP with boats I knew I wanted to use it for a panel together with the large anchor. I used the spotted paper as a border, tied the heat embossed anchor to the twine and used my dymo to make a simple sentiment.
This card is for:
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes: use loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking


4) Sailing boat:
From Marina: the diecut frame, anchor and stamped sailing boat.
This card didn't turn out exactly as planned, as I messed up the biggest panel piece, it was supposed to be covered with silver stars, but it didn't turn out right. And when I decided to use the diecut birthday sentiment it felt more right to add some wooden ones, I allowed the blue panel show through, covered with WoS. I colored the word Birthday with a red Promarker. Used a Memory Box stencil to make the waves. The sailing boat is colored with Promarkers and a white gel pen.









22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are fabulous Pia, what a great Nautical themed kit...well made and presented. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Four fabulous card, Pia, and I LOVE expecially the last one!! :D I don't know what idea you have in mind, but it has a so special look, so striking, and has a wonderful 3D feel, so movement, also if there aren't too much layers! It's just perfect for a birthday of a young man!! I'm in love with it and I pinned
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524483729584/
My second favourite is the second one (I pinned it, too!) You have really created an amazing scene!! The seaside and the waves are breathtaking, I have looked at them a long,and love any detail. The blue negative of the sea has a rows texture that accompanies the waves perfectly and gives the idea of movement and the second layer of the waves has a white ombrè... I don't know if you have made this with an ink, or if it's only the paper that is discolored... LOL but is definitely a delight! :D Wonderful stamped sentiment and postmark, with the amazing girl they give a vintage look at this card!

Chrissy said...

I cannot choose a favourite here Pia..they are all sensational..brilliant cards.

luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

These are fabulous Pia, this sounds like a fun swap. They are all brilliant but if I had to pick a favourite it would be the final one - such a striking design.
Pauline
x

Marina said...

I’m stunned by what you’ve achieved , Pia.
The mermaid card looks so ethereal – love all the texture and gold – the cheesecloth is inspired.
To me, the second card is the most impressive – the way you’ve created a fabulous scene. I actually thought the patterned paper was quite challenging, but it looks perfect here.
Card three, I love the gold embossing on the anchor and it looks great against the patterned paper.
Card 4, I love how you’ve used the frame and also, how you’ve placed things outside the confines of the frame. Also, the way you’ve used white gel pen on this and card 2, has been inspirational.
Bravo!

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Pia, and you've made a lovely collection of seaside themed cards.
Avril xx

Tammy said...

WOW all of these are beautiful Pia and I love the textures! Beautiful gold embossing on the first card and I love the red, white & blue colors on the last three cards! What a fun card kit with a great theme.
Tammy x

meg said...

Four very different and equally impressive cards Pia, the layouts are well thought out and show your skill at making the best use of the materials you were given. Love them all.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, Pia, your kit swap is awesome! I love the cards you made! The second and third cards are my favourites! I enjoy scene cards! Love the red, white, and blue! Looks like you had fun with your kit! Have a great weekend!

sandie said...

Super set of cards from this kit, you know I love to see the cheese cloth on your cards and fab embossing. So pleased you are having fun x

Nonni said...

Great, great cards Pia! I think cards 2 and 3 are my faves -such great composition here with the papers and using your own dies, very inventive and with fantastic results! I also love the way you colored in the sailboat in your last cards, very pretty. And the first card -so elegant. Like a piece of art! xxx

loz said...

Fabulous cards Pia. My fave'would have to be the second card..Loz

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous set of card Pia love the nautical theme especially the second one
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww Pia
four card and one is more beautiful than each other you ROCK girl First one I love all the gold there..the second one cool lady with that red and white swimm suit and the beach with arrow is cool idea too the third one I love that background you know I serch it and have that emboss folder so effective for nautical theme and the last card yaayy it looks like fimr box but its not
it has happy and birthday in two colors and it has boat it is cool manly card Pia
they are all adorable how many hours did you made them all
yay luv you have made in time Pia cause I know you made Bugaboo a week too..you are faster card maker on this post I guess

Ella's Design said...

Great cards, Pia! Love the nautical theme and lots of lovely texture and layers. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, Lisa x

Julie said...

Fab selection of summer inspired cards, think the second is my favourite! Thanks for joining in our Summer themed challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What an amazing selection of creations here Pia!! Really love the nautical theme and how they're all unique in their own way!! What a super fun idea to do a card kit swap!! Thanks for sharing these!! :) HUGS

Sue B said...

Wow! you've made four awesome cards with the kit here Pia… love the variety of styles.. especially love the sand and sea on the second card. And the fab rope texture on the third card.. they are all awesome! :-)
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Peanut said...

I love variations on the nautical theme and how you've taken the theme into the four card. Brilliantly executed, Pia.
x Asha

Adventures in Paperland said...

Wow, amazing inspiration Pia! I love each of these terrific cards!! xx

Eret said...

So many fantastic cards! Thank you for sharing your beautiful boats card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle. Love the background texture and all your added embellishmenst.
I hope you'll join with us again next time.
Eret x

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous set!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!