Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Card Kit Swap with Nonni and Marina - We're preparing for Christmas #2

I'm doing a "Card Kit Swap" with Nonni of Nonni's Handmade Cards and Marina of My Perfect Life. Each month one of us sends the other two identical kits and we make 4 cards each using mainly the same supplies, but we can add some of our own stash too as we're keeping it really simple, fun and stress-free. 
It was Marina's turn to make a kit and she chose the theme of "Cute Christmas". Her kit contained 4 patterned papers, 1 acectate paper with snowflakes, 3 stamped images, one metal and one wooden embellishment. A cute kit - here's a photo of it:



Card #1: Girl with presents
The image and patterned paper are from Marina's kit. I colored the image using Promarkers, masked it and sponged with blue DI and added some white frantage for snow, along wit red sequins from my stash.
I used some gold bronze corrugated from my own supplies, die cut a lamp post with a MB die and heat set it with embossing powder to get an aged look. I also used a banner die for the sentiment.
This card is for: I love Promarkers - #319 Anything Goes



Card #2: Dog
I used 2 patterned papers from the kit (the border is cut from a DP) along with the image and metal charm. I water colored the image using Distress inks.I used Dienamics dies to make the frame and the panel was a leftover piece from Nonni's Christmas set in September. I cut a banner and stamped a Christmas greeting.
This card is for: The Merry Christmas Challenge - Sentiment


Card #3: Penguin
I used the acetate paper and went with a shaker design, using snow glitter and sequins from my stash. Colored the image  and added glossy accent on the balloon. The sentiment is cut with fun foam and I also used my Dymo. Added a doily behind the glittered panel.
This card is for: Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Glitter and Sparkle


Card #4: Wooden tree
I used what was left of the acetate paper and the tree, which I heat embossed with gold EP and attched to a franatge covered tag. Stitched around the edges, added lots of texture with a fun foam cut sentiment, string, lace and pearls from my stash. Added the panel onto a snowflake embossed background.
This card is for: Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes+





And here's a photo of all of them together:





25 comments:

meg said...

Pia you have worked magically with the elements, each card is so unique and festive, my favourite is no. 4 the corrugated tag is set off beautifully by the WOW background

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, what a cute Christmas indeed, Jo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Four really gorgeous makes Pia. Well done sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marina said...

What fabulous and varied cards, Pia!

Card 1 – Beautifully sponged background. And frantage! How did I forget about frantage? I must get it out – it looks great here. But the star for me is that lamp-post – I love the way you’ve embossed it- it’s the perfect embellishment.
Card 2 – Love the soft colouring on the dog. Great minds think alike on using some leftovers. I love how you’ve tied the charm.
Card 3 – Fabulous shaker – looks so fun with the glitter and the way you’ve put together your sentiment looks amazing.
Card 4 – great texture here- this has a romantic, slightly vintage feel. I think all 3 of us heat embossed the tree – which is funny because I’ve only ever used these as plain wood !

Laine said...

Super cards and so varied. Well done!
xx

Nonni said...

4 fab cards, Pia! I love the layered look of the first card and the sky looks fantastic. Such beautiful use of dies too. The second cards has a wonderful rustic feel -funny how completely different this dog image can look in different styles! Great job! I think the shaker is my favorite -I love the red and white color palette and who doesn't love shakers... They are so fun! Your last card has this lovely Scandinavian Christmas feel. Very beautiful card with the lace and pearls, so pretty and feminine!

loz said...

Four fabulous card and images Pia..Loz

Imke said...

Great bunch of cards !

Chrissy said...

Four fabulous cards Pia..I love the shaker and attempted to make one..BUT..my tape didn't stick properly and I picked it up and had glitter and stars all over the place..lol..a great idea what you girls are doing with your kit swaps..

luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Pia, you are so good at making a wonderful variety of designs.
Pauline
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You has been so busy with all these cards, Pia! I would have time to make so much cards, too! All them are so cute and I love how they come out from the kit stash!
Love the idea of the bronze corrugate paper in the first one, it makes the sweet image pop out! Fab lamp, too! You haven't had a mask for the girl, so I can imagine that you have masked the girl using the image, by tracing her silouette on a cardstock and then masking and inking the background. Isn't in this way? Anyway, perhaphs this card is my favourite, so colourful and cute!!
Love the elegant design of the second one with the cute doggie and the lovely charm, the brown paper laces are just perfect on this dp! (I too have these lovely design papers, they has been a gift from you, I have to used them!) So thanks for the inspiration! :D
The embossed falling snow in the third one is just perfect for the little penguin and your shaker design!
The last one looks very elegant and also feminine with that sweet stitching around the embossed panel!
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

A great idea a kit swap and love all the beautiful cards the last one is my favourite though
Carol x

Mimi said...

I saw the image of the supplies, and then my jaw dropped when I saw your creations! Wonderful work! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Great card so cute,love them.Thanks for sharing your cards with us here at I Love Promarkers,Lyn DT.

Unknown said...

You have excelled yourself with these cards Pia - they are all so different but equally beautiful! I especially love the card with the cute dog and the one with the little girl :-)

Donna said...

These are all so charming and a joy to view!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Gorgeous cards Pia! How fun to have a monthly card swap!

Brenda

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMMC, good luck!!! Amy DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh WOW, Pia! I think this is my favourite kit and theme so far! Probably because of the cute theme! Your cards are all gorgeous! So hard to pick a favourite but I think I'll pick the first one! They all look amazing though! The final card is very elegant looking!

Tammy said...

Four beautiful Christmas cards Pia! Fabulous layout and embellishments on all! I think my favorite is the last one, I love all of the white with the gold tag and tree!
Tammy x

Peanut said...

These are gorgeous cards, Pia. Love the dog...and the the white card is just soo elegant. I think it's great you are challenges yourselves. Wonderful idea.
x Asha

Pat K said...

All amazing makes. Really showcases your creativity with colours and design...love em all. Pat K x

Tracey T said...

Your shaker card is a great take on our challenge theme. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Monika Reeck said...

Let me give number ok
1. I love this little lady
and the corugated paper is perfect here sweet card.
2. the dog is sweet and nice charm too nice DP Choice and the added of that dots scallop I love!!
3. hiyaaa shaker card and cuuteee I love the peeking out the doily there CLEVER!!cuteee Christmas card Pia
4. I love this white and brown
so elegant and feel snow with that splatter of white
an elegant card Pia

Frk. Bogstad said...

Desse kit-korta dine e kjempesøte ♥