Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Monday, April 18, 2022

Sympathy card with washi tapes and die cut flowers

I was out of sympathy cards and thought better make some to have on hand.

I used this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches as starting point, found 2 washi tapes to use as borders, die cut 3 simple flowers in black and white and added a fitting senitment in Norwegian. I used a MFT stitched frame die. I thought it a bit too colorless so added gold splatter. In retrospect I think I should have switched places between the tapes, to allow the leaves to be closest to the flowers. Oh well. Next time.

This card is for:
Freshly Made Sketches - #531
Make My Monday - #172 Use Washi Tape

16 comments:

meg said...

An elegant CAS Sympathy card using the washi tape as a base for your diecut flowers

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful sympathy Card Pia looks elegant in just black and white
Carol x

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely, elegant design for a sympathy card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Donna said...

So striking, I would not change a thing Pia.

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the elegance of the black and white look! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your black and white design is lovely! Elegant card - glad you shared it at FMS!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card, Pia! Just love the black/white with the gold splatters!!

Lena said...

Love your take on the sketch. Beautiful black and white card.
I hope you had a lovely Easter with your loved ones.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Lena

loz said...

Beautiful sympathy card Pia..Loz

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a simple and elegant card. Thanks for joining my Challenge over at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful monochrome card Pia, and In my opinion the leaves are just perfect as they sit! As always your take of the sketch is so creative and elegant!
Hugs

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Pia, so elegant and love the black and white with the gold splatter..

Luv CHRISSYxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really lovely CAS sympthay card Pia.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jackie Beers said...

I love this card! The layout is great but your take on it is so fresh looking. And to ground everything with the Washi Tape is a unique idea that really works! Thank you for joining the Make My Monday Challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

Love the bold black and white, makes a striking sympathy card.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a fantastic design! I adore how it marries elegance and upbeat good cheer perfectly - all while being strikingly lovely, to boot.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life