Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, June 1, 2024

INK #317 Frame

At Inkspirational our challenge theme this fortnight is FRAME. I made a Christmas card with an image of a Santa sitting inside of a die cut frame.
I gave the stamped image an aged look by adding Vintage beeswax Baked texture powder, and the die cut inked poinsettias got the same treatment. I've had this embossing powder for a few years, yet this was the first time I used and I quite like the look of it. Maybe I should have used a more muted colored background, but I like plaid and the colors look more beautiful together in real life.

Please head over to the challenge blog to see what my INK-teamies have made.

This card is also for:
Alphabet Challenge - E IS FOR EMBOSSING (Wet or Dry)
Try It On Tuesday - Emboss It!


12 comments:

meg said...

Great vintage style Christmas card Pia

Julia Aston said...

What a great look the beeswax texture powder gives to your wonderful vintage Santa image and pretty poinsettias, Pia! The color of your frame draws out that same color in your lovely plaid background! Julia xx

Donna said...

Great card, I like the Vintage beeswax texture powder, this is new to me.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful vintage feel Pia, always love seeing plaid for Christmas and the poinsettias looks great!
Hugs

Marlena M. said...

Lovely vintage feel Pia!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very elegant holiday card, Pia! Love the pretty poinsettias and the papers are lovely. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

cm said...

Pia, your vintage style Santa-in-a-frame card is beautiful! I love the combination of plaid and gold. The powder is new to me; glad you shared it with us here, as the results are ever so pretty!
hugs~carol

Mrs.B said...

He's one of my favourite Santa images and he's perfect for and aged vintage look. I like the plaid background and poinsettia.
Lovely to see you at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

Marina said...

It's a lovely, traditional Christmas feel, perfect for the vintage Santa image. The leaves have a great textured effect.

Joan said...

Love that vintage santa Pia and the plaid makes a great frame too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday
Joan x

Joan said...

Love that vintage santa and the plaid makes a great frame too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday
Joan x

Billie A said...

very pretty card. Love the look and design. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge