Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Using leftover pieces of ribbon and lace

With this card I was attempting to change up my usual Christmas card style of flat and light weight, and I went mixed media with lots of textures. There's seambinding ribbon here, sheer dotted ribbon, white lace, red lace and a beige one with a knot onto which I attached 2 metal bells.
The starting point for my inspiration came from the Christmas image over at The Card Concept. The sheer curtains are picked up by some of my ribbons, the red and white pillow reminded me to use a quote chipboard from Tim Holtz. I also used a DP with white text on white for the background panel. I used a stencil to add some greeneries, using Snowflake paste.
I took out my sewing machine and stitched not so straight and a bit wonky at places, keeping the threads loose, not cutting them and tucking them behind the panel.
I'm not sure of the what stamp this is, I received it from a blogging friend quite some time ago, but if anyone know where I can get this one, new or used, let me know. The image was colored with Promarkers and I added diamond stickles to their wings.

This card is for:
The Card Concept - Inspiration Photo
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday
- Anything Goes
Fab n Funky
- #559 Seasons Greetings
Little Red Wagon
- #677 Make It With Ribbons


14 comments:

meg said...

Fabulous image and layers with all those different colours and textures love this one

Chris said...

What a lovely way to use your leftover ribbon and lace! A beautiful image, colours and design and such great texture. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.
Chris
x

Brenda said...

Pia, this is amazing! I love how you have used the ribbons and lace with this gorgeous image. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon!

Doni High said...

Gorgeous card...love the textures! My eye was especially drawn to the sheer dotted ribbon. Hugs, Doni

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely Gorgeous card,love the beautiful image and ribbons
Carol x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Pia. The angels are so pretty, and all those dangling ribbons are so soft and sweet. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept, and please join us again soon.
Karen L, DT
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

loz said...

Gorgeous card and use of leftovers Pia..Loz

papierelle said...

Oh Pis, I'm in love with your very beautiful card. I love angels and your angels are so beautiful and graceful!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I hope to see a lot of mixed media from you, Pia! Such a true beauty is this!!!! A really amazing card!!! Absolutely adorable angels, this stamp is a must have for sure and all your laces go so well with the textures, your sewing and the golden bells!! The TH sentiment is just perfect to finish! Lucky recipient of this Christmas card!! Pinned!

Mervi said...

The vintage angel stamp is so beautiful and you made a gorgeous card with it;-))m

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, sweet image and love the way you used your ribbons!

Esther Asbury said...

I love those sweet angels and your use of ribbon and lace. I'm so happy you played along at The Card Concept this week!

Imke said...

I love to use leftovers and you did a great job with them. Sweet image and i like the bells on top.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Chrissy said...

Oh, so beautiful, love your angels and the cluster of ribbons and bells is just gorgeous, beautiful card Pia..

Luv CHRISSYxx