Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Vintage Christmas - lots of freebie stash and DPs

 I have not made many Christmas cards so far this year, which is unusual for me. But I think (hope) I'm on a roll here. I received this paper with 12 vintage images as a advent calendar gift from my mum some years ago (no, I'm never going to be too old for that, lol), and finally I had the courage to cut into that paper. Sometimes when I like something so much, I want to "save it" for a special occasion.
All the other DPs used are freebie ones that came with 2 different magazines. 

Here are the first two cards I've finished using these vintage images. 

1) Card with the rectangle shaped topper

The lamp post was made with a Memory Box die, and I heat embossed with thick embossing powder, I like the metallic look it gets. The wreath I used to decorate it with was a freebie gift together with some of the DPs used.
I added red and white twine and gold elastic ribbon and strip of DP with sentiments on it. 

This card is for:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - #560 Anything Christmas Goes (or include the word Joy)
Make My Monday
- #158 EMBOSSING (the lamp post)


 

2) Card with the rounded tag shaped topper

This lamp post was a freebie gift together with the DPs used. I attached red and white twine to it.
I added a die cut fence, the word Christmas (Hero Arts) which I combined with a Dymo sentiment,

This card is for:
Dream Valley Challenges - #255 2 or MORE PATTERNED PAPERS (3: the background, the border with buildings and the topper)
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - #38 Anything Goes



12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and love the vintage images.I have just bought my daughter one(she is 48yrs lol)As for Christmas cards I have made the grand total of "ONE" maybe a year of bought ones this year
Carol x

meg said...

Two elegant vintage Christmas cards with beautiful traditional scenes and gorgeous finishing touches

Tammy said...

Two beautiful cards and vintage images Pia, I love all of the details you added and that Memory Box lamp post die is gorgeous!

loz said...

Gorgeous cards and DP images Pia. Love the vintage look..Loz

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous vintage style Christmas cards Pia, I save papers too and I love these ones, and I love your lamp post too, I just gold embossed lamp posts and one fell apart, I think I hoarded it too long..Great details with the lace, so pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Martina said...

I love vintage pictures. Your card is very beautiful, Pia. I like the connection of houses. Thank you for playing in CHNC!

cotnob said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards Pia, lovely vintage images - I have just made a start on my Christmas cards but I'm always late starting!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

These turned out fabulous Pia, beautiful images and adding the die cuts was perfect, especially like how you embossed the one on the first card-great idea!

Pat K said...

Beautiful vintage cards Pia. I love the images and the die cuts are a wonderful addition. xx

Lena said...

These are both beautiful and festive. I have the same problem which leaves me with drawers filled with beautiful paper. I really need to start using up more. Need to be brave first :-)
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Lena

Dawn Phillips said...

What a clever way to get a metallic look to the lamppost. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

LOU said...

Gorgeous cards Pia. Love the colours and the patterned paper.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Merry Little Christmas Challenge for September 2021.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions