"I've been an artist since the day I was born I just never knew it. As a child I always loved arts and crafts but as an adult I let real life take over and forgot about the important things like scissors, paper and glue. I dabbled in jewelry making for a while then my friend Jeni introduced me to papercrafting in 2011 and later that year I started sketching my own greeting card images. In April of 2012 I opened Oak Pond Creations Digital Illustration Studio on Etsy. I hope my images provide inspiration and smiles. Hugs and happy crafting!"
I paper pieced the owl's hat and shoes, and I added lots of glitter to the fur trimmings of the hat. The eyes and little bells on the shoes got a treatment of Glossy accent. For the background I used a DP with snowflakes from Bo Bunny. To make the snowy trees and ground I used a die from Marianne and white paper. I used a punch to make the snowflakes, and each one's got a pearl in the center. The card base has been made with Go Kreate dies, and I used the largest die and a smaller one to make the frame around the scene.
1) Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Blue & White
2) Digi Sketch Challenge - Sketch and/or Paper Piecing (T)
3) The Crazy Challenge - Snowy winter
4) Whoopsi Daisy - Things with Wings
5) Come and Get It Challenges - Anything Goes with a digi
6) Glitter n Sparkle - #60 Show Us Some Snow
7) Make it Monday - Anything Goes