Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Two Cards - Same Design



I'm guest designing over at Inkspirational where the theme for this fortnight is "Anything Goes". I wanted to do something I haven't done before and what I love to see in others blog posts - to use the same design and materials, but creating different looks by changing colors and DPs.
My cards have the same layout, the same stamped image - a bunny from Lily of the Valley - the same oval dies have been used to make the panels for the Christmas sentiment (in Norwegian). The bunnies have been fussy cut and popped on foam.

I started making the card in black and grey, being inspired by the combination of spots and lines and untraditional Christmas colors. The bunny has a paper pieced pyjamas. This DP and the one used for the top panel are from Authentique, the one with spots is from Echo Park. The sentiment is heat embossed in black and is placed onto a piece of die cut silver glitter paper.
For my second card I colored the whole image and chose traditional red and white and a little bit of brown. The DP on top is covered with Christmas sentiments in Norwegian, the bottom one is covered with poinsettias - this DP is from Pion.

I really enjoyed making these two cards and I'm pleased with my first attempt of making 2 cards with the same design. I think they turned out quite different. I think my favorite one is the black and grey one, but hubby's favorite is the traditional one. Which one's your favorite? I'd love to hear your feedback!


These cards are also for these challenges:
1) Charisma Cardz - Christmas
2) Twisted Tuesday - Pop Dots and Polka Dots
3) Crafty Cardmakers - Paper Piecing (grey pyjamas)
4) Stampin' For The Weekend - Feeling Festive
5) Sparkles Forum Challenges - Animals
6) Make it Monday - Anything Goes
 

30 comments:

debby4000 said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous and so adorable too.
luv
Debby

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards and what fun to make them twice but different!

My fave is the second but not because it has colour...just because I love the Norwegian word DP!!!

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Pia. The image is adorable and I love the papers and layouts. It really is interesting to see how different a card looks just by changing the colours.
Sue xx

Lin said...

Fabulous design. I have to say my preference is the coloured one.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Laine said...

These are both so stunning Pia.
Laine
xx

Frk. Bogstad said...

2 flotte kort.
Personleg synst eg det raude var finast :)Eg får meir julestemning av raudt. Det va ein skjønn harepus. Elles takk for kommentar i bloggen min :) Eg set veldig pris på det :D
Gløymde å melde *snerten berte* på make it monday ... Jaja, får prøve å hugse det på neste innlegg :)
Ynsje deg ei god helg.

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking cards. Love them both. Sweet image and lovely design. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

chrissy xx said...

It's surprising how different these are Pia...LOving the little cute image..Both cards are FABulous.
Loving the colours of this first one..LOts of lovely glitter here too.
Warmer colours on this second card, loving his pj's.
Chrissyxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous in their own right. It is amazing how different they look with the subtle changes.

Have a super weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Pia, I love your adorable image and it's nice to see the two colour combinations, I think I prefer the red one - I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but they are both lovely.
Pauline
x

Wendy said...

Beautiful Pia! Your layering is always immaculate. Both super cards, I do love this little LOTV stamp, so sweet! xx

Sue B said...

Ooh these are gorgeous Pia!! I honestly love both the colour combos… it's amazing how different they look !! I love how you've fussy cut the image - that must have been quite tricky as it's intricate stamp!! but well worth the effort as they look fab!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue B xx

Peanut said...

That's a tricky question, PIa. I LOVE both cards...maybe the traditional one a little more. Just a teeny tiny bit more. Your first attempt is a monumental success. I've tempted to give it a go myself...one day!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Nikki Stalker said...

Great cards Pia. Even though they are the same layout they look very different once you change the colours. It's great having you join us as GDT at Inkspirational.

Nikki

Marina said...

Great idea Pia! I love them both but I especially love the red text paper on the second one. Thank you so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Inkspirational. Marina

Patricia St Martin said...

Pia, That is always fun to do.. both cards turned out so nice. Your bunny is so cute but I think the colored one I like best it is more festive.
Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous Pia! It is amazing how much color can change the look of a card. What a great idea to experiment with. It is great having you design with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Tammy said...

Awww they are both so sweet, I love that image and your fabulous design!
Tammy x

Rene said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic card with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

loz said...

Both cards are Adorable Pia. I saw thee on MIM..Loz

Nonni said...

So cute! The bunny is such a sweethart and I love the two different looks. xx

Yvonne Garner said...

These are so adorable! So glad to have you as a Guest Artist this month. Well deserved!

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! Both cards are beautiful but I love love the second one. It's so cute.. :)

Jacquel said...

They're both so pretty Pia! My fave is the red one...my fave color!

Donna Nuce said...

Congratulations on the guest designer post at Inkspirational! Your bunny is really darling. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute, love the colour combos and both cards do look slightly different even if the stamp is the same. Love both DP and the red in particular is lovely.xx

Lau W said...

Oh great ! same but different, extra !!!!
xxx

Emma said...

Lovely Christmas card, thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz xx

Jo said...

Both gorgeous but too difficult to choose a favourite! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

NickScrapShack said...

Both cards are very cute!

Like the to see a stamp used in two ways like that...

Thank you for entering at Sparkles Monthly Challenge blog and good luck!
Nick