Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, October 2, 2022

September Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Here's my card for The Card Chain Challenge September reveal. Anyone can enter and if you'd like to be part of the October chain you can sign up here until til 6th. 
 
THE CARD I SENT 

This is the card I sent to Carol in the UK. I've been following Carol's blog, Crafty-stamper, for many years, so it was fun to send a card to someone "I know" for a long time as well.

I was inspired by the sketch and the theme of friendship. And I used cheesecloth as gauze, which was one of the product options this month. It was still very warm and more summer than autumn when I made this card. I used kraft paper with white gesso and a wooden embossing folder to make the background, and I scored lines to make the panel strips.I added a picture from a Studiolight die cut sheet and found matching flowers in my stash, which I decorated with pearls.I also used a white paper lace border.


 

THE CARD I RECEIVED

In return I received a fun colorful card from Linda W of Scrappin', Stampin' & Singin' in Minnesota, USA. Linda was the first person I sent a card when joining this chain, back in September last year, and a year later it was my return to receive one from her. Thanks, Linda, I loved it and it's up on my wallboard in my craftroom.


16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Your/my card is absolutely beautiful I love it and we both did have a similar idea for the background-Thank you-love the one you received from Linda too
carol x

meg said...

The card you sent to Carol is beautiful love the subtle colours in your image and the beautifully textured background

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty Pia, I adore the colours and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very sweet!!! I'm happy to see a pink card from you, Pia! :) It isn't a colour you used often, but every time you created something very pretty with it. Love the cheesecloth and the flowers you added!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely card with the pretty floral paper, the lace and added blooms!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, so delicate and feminine!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Pia with all those pretty flowers, saw this card on Carols blog, so gorgeous and love the card you got from Linda..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous!
I LOve your colours and design.
Chrissyxx

Angelnorth said...

Love the background for the pretty floral panel on your card Pia, beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your woodplank background for that pretty flower print, Pia! I'm glad I finally got to send you a card after gettting your inaugural CCC last year :)

papierelle said...

Just beautiful. Flowers always bring great joy.

HilaryJane said...

Love it and what a clever way to make the wood effect background. I shall have to try and remember that. Linda's card is pretty special too xx

loz said...

Gorgeous card you sent Pia. Beautiful card you received also..Loz

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply wonderful cards...love all that pretty in pink and those fresh summer colors on your hello card.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and love the amazing colours. ♥

Imke said...

Clever idea how you are doing the background, Pai. Like your card. I was on vacation - out of town - so i am a little late with my comments for the CCC.

Imke
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/