Today is my turn to show you a tutorial I made for Catch the Bug, where I'm a Guest Designer through January. My stash is full of bland buttons and gorgeous washi tapes, both have been left untouched for far too long. So I thought I could turn my buttons into decorative snowflakes.
You can see from the picture how I did it - very simple indeed:
- cover the buttons with tape
- cut the tape into a round shape, leaving room for some of the tape to be attached to the backside
- make small cuts into the tape - this makes it easier to make the edges nice and smooth
- for larger buttons piece together the tape, making sure you overlap so that you don't ruin the pattern
- use a needle to makes the holes.
For my card I used a chubby snowman that you can find here in the Bugaboo store. He's colored with Promarkers.
I used a tree stamp from Lawn Fawn, stamped onto kraft, heat embossed with black EP and colored with white gel pen. I used glitter for the snowy ground, and the sentiment is a piece of fabric. I placed it like you would see on a pair of jeans - I quite like how it looks. My buttons I placed on top of die cut snowflakes with a die from Marianne.
I'd also like to participate in these challenges with my card:
1) Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #63 Anything Goes with twist - Add one or more Trees
2) Come and Get It - Winter
3) A Creative Romance - Something Old (buttons and tapes)
4) Simply Create Too - #75 Snow, Snow, Snow
5) Allsorts - #286 No design papers allowed