Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, January 8, 2023

2 cards using new flower stamp

I don't do New Year's resolutions, however I do set myself some crafting goals every year. The main one for me this year is to make more than one card at a time. I spend so much time deciding on what papers, colors and stash to use, so instead of making choices to make one card why not choose all options and get more cards done at the same time? Another goal is to try and join color challenges more often, as they are a challenge for me. I always check them out and look at what people do and personally I'm just stuck.

So starting off the new year with 2 cards, following 2 color challenges (one for each card). I used a stamp that came with Art by Marlene's advent calendar 2022.

Card 1:

For this card I followed Just us Girls' color scheme. I picked a light blue DP with texture and a dark blue one. I left the image uncolored and used speckled egg ink around it. I wanted to keep the card simple and light weight, so I did not add any panels. In Norway you pay extra for letters weighing more then 20 grams, so really traying to keep some cards light weight. It really is unusual for me not to add any panels, so I need to get used to this card, but I think it works as one of the DPs is not too busy. I like the colors and patterns and that the image is left untouched. Initially I was inspired by "Ellibelle"'s layout for her Crafty Wednesday post, but she referred to a sketch challenge, so I took it from there as well.

This card is for:
Just Us Girls - #661 Color week
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes


Card 2:

Here I picked papers , enamel dots and Promarker to match the colors found at Color Throwdown. The Promarker color is actually called magenta. I believe the papers are very old ones from Bo Bunny, but the front of the paper pad was gone, so not sure. For this card I went with adding panels, making the card weight 22g. But for this card I feel it was right to include them. I used Pumice stone ink for the image.

This card is for:
Color Throwdown #723
Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog - January sketch

23 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards love the design,beautiful papers and flowers stamp
carol x

Viv said...

2 great makes Pia - if I had to choose a fave it would be the second as the pop of pink is stunning! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Also here in Italy postal prices are increased and you pay extra for letters weighing more then 20 grams. Sending simple letters to UK, USA and China has also became very expensive, extra plus extra.
I don’t think I could do two similar cards, however I would still take twice the time. :D
Both yours are in perfect Pia's style, also the first one without layered panels. Love the little touch of pearls/candies and like especially the palette you used in the second one, it's so feminine.
Hugs and happy Sunday!

meg said...

You chose a beautiful stamped image to team with two very different papers and layouts,both cards are gorgeous,have to admit that the vibrant magenta is my favourite

chrissy xx said...

Two GORgeous card Pia.
LOve your image. Think the Magenta one is my favorite this colour really
does 'pop'.
Chrissyxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations Pia. The magenta coloured on is my favourite, it really jumps off of the card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Fabulous twofer, like the design and great idea to make two for your stash! Happy New Year!

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards Pia , love the pink on the second one, stunning against the dark background.
Avril xx

Bernadet said...

2 Beautiful cards Pia!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

Margreet said...

2 beautiful cards. Love the pop up colours on the 2nd one.
Thanks for playing with Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Pat K said...

Well done on beginning the New Year with two beautiful cards. The b&w is striking but the touch of magenta is gorgeous. Very creative Pia. xx

Ellibelle said...

Both are so beautiful and love your crafty goals!

Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Broni said...

Pretty cards, Pia!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Chrissy said...

Two beauties Pia, love both colour selections and papers and such a versatile stamp, you could stamp and emboss a whole background of these flowers.very pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Ellis said...

What a great goal, Pia, and fabulous to start off with these two beautiful creations! I especially love the 2nd card in its dramatic background and wonderful pink flowers! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice ticket
thanks for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
DT cheerful sketches

papierelle said...

I can't even say which variant I like better, each card is something very special and I really like the design of the cards.

Wies said...

Two beautiful cards. I specialy like the second one with the coloured flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches with this card. Good luck with your entry.
Wies xx DT Cheerful Sketches

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, Pia! I like that you left the flowers uncolored on the first one, it adds a touch of drama! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

You chose a good crafting resolution. Your cards are beautiful. They are similar but look so different using a different color palette. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

loz said...

Beautiful cards and stamp Pia..Loz

Helma said...

Wat een leuke kaart. Ik houdt wel van deze kleuren. Dankjewel voor het meedoen aan de challenge bij Cheerful Sketches, Groetjes Helma DT

Daphne said...

Prachtige kleuren combinatie.
Wat leuk dat je met 1 van deze 2 kaarten meedoet bij onze challenge van Cheerful Sketches