Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Card with Bird and Brown Colors

I've used a sticker as image - I've had it for ages, before my cardmaking days! So I thought it was time for it to come out of my drawer and onto a card! I like its golden colors and the swirl, and I wanted it to be the focal point, so I didn't want to add any more embellishments than the versatile sentiment - "Just for you" - from a Kanban set. 
I've used kraft for the card base, for the woodgrain embossed circle and the label with sentiment. I've used two design papers and brown paper. All edges are distressed with walnut stain ink.

This card is intered into these challenges:
1) Squiggles and Giggles - Stash Attack
2) Craftymess Challenge - #14 Birds
3) That Craft Place - Things with Wings
4) Clearly Inspired - Things with Wings
5) Totally Papercrafts – Monochrome
6) Scrapbook Sisters - #93 Things with wings
7) Come and Get It Challenges - Adult Birthday Card
8) Challenge Up Your Life - #75 Everything Goes
9) Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
10) Make it Monday - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! that's a gorgeous sticker Pia and you have make a beautiful card with it. I love the colours and the layout too

I hope you have a good evening
Sue

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining us over on the craftymess challenge blog.
What a gorgeous card. The sticker is gorgeous and I love the earthy mute tones you have used. Beautiful work with lovely layers and textures.
Love Lisa xxx

Skye said...

Beautiful card. Lovely sticker and you have complimented it very well with the background papers. Very nice style

Shirley-Anne said...

Love these Autumn hues for this card .Love the papers and the embossing background as well .
Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

Congrats hon on winning MIM you deserve it heaps...lovely card too..love annie

Sheryl said...

Wow Pia another gorgeous card. Beautiful use of colour on this one again. I saw this one on MIM aswell. TFS
Hugs Sheryl xx

Judy McKay said...

Great card Pia. I love the details especially the layering and the different textures on the card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Peanut said...

This is stunning, Pia. Love the details. Glad I popped in from MIM#101 for a closer look.

Shelby said...

Love the earth tone colors you've used and the swirls are perfect.

Shelby

Erin said...

beautiful work
thanks for joining us at
That Craft place
Erin xxx

Cassie said...

Beautiful, Pia! Thanks for playing along with our 'Things with Wings' challenge over at the CIC :)

carol said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with our Mono challenge at TPC x Carol

Starr said...

Hi Pia, what a gorgeous card! I LOVE that wonderful embossing and the bird and gold are so elegant. Such a beauty! I just popped over from MIM to take a look!

xoxo
Starr

Sandy said...

Fab card, Love the colours and your bird too. LOL, this is one I've had in my stash for a long time too.
Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Sandy :)

loz said...

Beautiful card and colours Pia. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Anonymous said...

Really great card. I love the tone on tone. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It this week.

Meighan Wheller said...

Another great card my friend. Love how you have incorporated the swirl on to the bird in the gold. The woodgrain embossing is a great touch!! Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan

Bastelmichaela said...

A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors....thanks for joining us this week at
Challenge up your life!
Hugs Michaela