Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Moving paper doll tutorial for Catch the Bug

As a child I loved paper dolls with body parts you could move by pulling a string. I wanted to try and make one myself and have attempted to make a tutorial for the Catch the Bug Tutorial Wednesday.


1) First you need to decide on an image. I recommend you pick one with separate legs and no intertwined ones. I used  JJ Tequila and Shoes - Tequila for my card. I printed the full image and an extra set of legs.


2) After coloring and cutting the image (notice how I kept extra paper on top of the legs) I punched holes for the brads and made holes with a needle to add thread. You could skip the thread part to make it easier, but you would then need to move the parts manually.

3) This is how it shold look on the backside.Tie and cut the thread to fit the wanted length.

4) This is the finished result, with her standing and sitting. I pull the thread to have her in a sitting position.


The sentiment comes with the image. I cut it with a heart shaped die from Lawn Fawn and the frame is cut with a MFT frame die. Scrap papers used for the background.

This card is also for:
Sweet Stampers - #35 Dies and/or Punches
Allsorts - #534/5 Feminine

22 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!!! Brilliant!!! And how fun!! :D I have never seen a card as this! The mechanism is just perfect with this humorous image!!!! This tutorial is very interesting and the realization is fabulous! Very well done!!

meg said...

Love the pairing of the image and sentiment made me laugh this morning, wonderful idea and card Pia, keeping the background and frame white draws the eye straight to the image

brenda said...

A fun creation with a sweet image, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Feminine' creation.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

This is so clever, Pia! I love your card, Jo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Pia. Great sentiment to go with image if you make her legs move in all directions. lol
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Pia, such a good idea - thank you for sharing the step by step.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A brilliant idea and a beautiful card.
Faith

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness what a very cute and clever idea!! I love popped out image and the lovely dimension on your entire design!! Super cute card and thanks for sharing how you've done this! HUGS

loz said...

This is Fantastic Pia. Thanks for the tutorial..Loz

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Pia..what a super fun idea and the perfect image to use..love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dawn Frost said...

Pia I LOVE this! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Mervi said...

Oh my how gorgeous card! Love this funny doll, absolutely stunning and crazy the same time!!!
Thanks for sharing over at Allsorts too;-))m

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- I love this idea!!! I really love the card you made as well!!! Awesome tutorial!

Kim Heggins said...

This is over the top FABULOUS!!!! Just love your sweet party girl and that sentiment is simply wonderful!

Kuni said...

Wonderful fun card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Marlies said...

Wauw a fantastic card and a very good and original idea of making her legs move. A great fun card! Marlies x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pia, that is perfect for this image to have her legs move like that!!! You are so creative!!! Your card is awesome.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! What a fabulous project, Pia! You are so innovative! I love that she can kick up her heels like this! How incredibly imaginative, and a fun interactive element. As always, I enjoy your "style" of designing your cards with the fun papers and layers! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is brilliant-clever you -you picked the perfect image and love the CAS framed design
carol x

Mummylade said...

What a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Monika Reeck said...

soo creative
clever
and I love the concept
in purple?? my fav color
love this lady Image from Bugaboo Pia
and woow Pia with some photo on a Post
it is not you but I appreciate
much photo is lovely dear
hugs
Monika