Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Monday, December 6, 2021

Skates and 2 different color challenges

I usually find it tricky to follow a specific color scheme, but this time I've managed to make 2 cards for 2 different color challenges, as well as a sketch. I've used the same stamp for both cards, skates from Papirdesign. 

 

Card 1) Greys, greens and red

For this card I placed the skates onto a large stamped and die cut snowflake from Concord&9th, heat embossed with Frosting Powder. I used my much used script stamp from KOrt&Godt with whtite ink onto the grey background. Black and silver/white washi tapes to decorate and my dymo and a stamp for the sentiment. 

This card is for:
Sunday Stamps - #271 Color - Winter Wonder
Allsorts
- #653 Use a Die


Card 2) Greys, silver, pink and white

For this card I placed everything off centre and followed the sketch over at TSoT. The snowflakes are my favorite embellishment for my Christmas cards this year, I've used them a lot. Covered with glitter or Frosted Poder they add a little sparkle on my cards. I also love the mini slimline shape, it makes it so much easier to keep within the weight limits to keep postage costs down and allows a bit of layering too. I used a stamp from Studiolight with white ink on the silver background. The bow was made with white seambinding ribbon and a pink Distress oxide.

This card is for:
Color Throwdown - #671
Try Stamping On Tuesdays - #535 Technique and/or Sketch



21 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful cards Pia, a fabulous stamp,the difference in layout, embellishments and the splash of pink on the slimline version make them so different

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Pia, two fabulous designs - I love those skates.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Another gorgeous card using those skates Pia, many thanks for joining in with this weeks Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards.
Thanks for sharing them at Allsorts this week.
Sarn x

Heather said...

Beautiful, Pia! Love these perfect skates! Your coloring is so clean, and the background snowflake is just right to set the scene! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Heather said...

Hah! And the slimline is perfect for our off-center challenge! Another winning combo, love your layout! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards but the second one is my favourite love the ice skates
Carol x

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards Pia. x

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Pia, those skates are a great stamp with lots of possibilities!

Linby said...

Two beautiful designs with the lovely skates. Thanks so much for using a die in my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Ellibelle said...

I am so loving this skating image and both of your cards are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

Pat K said...

Two very beautiful cards Pia. Love the skates. xx

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Pia, I love the colour combos and those skates are fabulous along with the snowflakes and bow..

Luv cHRISSYxx

loz said...

Two gorgeous cards Pia..Loz

Annette Elliott said...

Oh my goodness, both of your cards are adorable! Fantastic coloring of those skates and love your design and especially the extra elements behind it. So very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous and pretty creations Pia.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna Scholz said...

Pia, your slimline card is so pretty! Your use of the skates and snowflakes off-center is very dramatic! Great use of the delicate gray print background paper to show off the skates, too! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for our "off center" challenge!!! -Donna

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful cards Pia! The pair of skates is so perfect for a winter/holiday card and layered on the big snowflake with the sprigs and pines is a lovely design. I also love the script background and pretty strips of washi tape - such beautiful details! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Mervi said...

Both are so gorgeous cards. You nailed the colour challenge so well, I think they are quite difficult to follow.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair of cards with the ice skates, Pia!! They remind me of my youth, skating on backwaters of a river where the ice was 2 feet thick!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are beautiful, festive, and nostalgic (for me) all in the same go. I grew up rarely taking my skates off all winter long as a child (or so it feels in hindsight :D) and still have a deep love of this timeless chilly season pastime.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life