Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Autumn colors and Retro Rubber sketch

I have had this Lawn Fawn set - love you a latte - for about 8 years, and it was only yesterday, as I watched a video about this set, that I realized the donut was not an odd looking saucer. Now that I know it's a donut I cannot understand why I didn't see that before! Suddenly I felt I had found a treasure in my stash, and I had fun decorating the donut with brown and red fine glitter, glitter glue and some tinsel looking glitter.
The background was made with a stencil from Altenew, and autumn colored  Distress Oxide inks ((yellow, red, green and brown) and a baby wipe. I added matching colored rhinstones for some extra sparkle.
The card layout was inspired by the Retro Rubber Challenges sketch.

This card is for:
Retro Rubber Challenge - #191 Sketch
Fab n Funky - #557 Autumn Colors
Everybody-Art-Challenge - #520 Coffee or Tea

RRCB 191

14 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous selection of comfort food and drink set against a fabulous background,just what we need on Autumn evenings

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and warm comfort food,love the Autumn colours,and it's weird when you mistake an image for something completely different!
Carol x

Chris said...

A beautiful card, fabulous background and wonderful warm colours. Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky Challenges.
Chris
x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card with all the treats, Pia - just love your background!!

Heather said...

Yum, Pia! Love this sweet set - warm and sweet - just how we want to spend cool Fall nights! Such great colors! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Awesome background Pia, I love how you've framed the card with scalloped edges! All the 'feels' of autumn are on this card, just lovely :)

loz said...

Fun card Pia..Loz

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so lovely Pia. You made me giggle about the donut, I have been known to change the image in a stamp into something else.🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Claire Grantham said...

Hahaha, I love your narrative. I have a set that has a bird holding a french fry and the sentiment is all about that and I only realised after someone commented on my card LOL. Love the scallop framing of your card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You made me smile with the donut story :D It looks great with the glitter!! Beautiful warm design and clever take of the sketch! Love the red scallop frame and the stencilled background!
Hugs

Marlies said...

A lovely card in nice warm colours, it has a cozy feeling. A good idea adding glitters to the donut,a nice effect. Marlies

Jane Knudsen said...

Pia - this card is delish! I love that it is food oriented and that background is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Donna said...

Stunning card, like the fall colors, your stenciled background and cute images!

Uschi said...

This is really beautiful! I love the frame and I love the colours. Great background and a wonderful design with the "warm wishes" between the cups and the donut.
Your rhinestones are really great eye-cathchers as well.
Thank you very much for joining the current challenge at EverybodyArtChallenges.
Hug Uschi