Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

TioT - Use a stencil

Over at Try it on Tuesday we want to see you use your stencils for our first challenge in May.
I used a leaf stencil from Altenew, and I chose to use rainbow colors again - it's probably the first time I do so "voluntarily". I used to think rainbows were an almost impossible task, but now I think these colors are fún to use. I added an almost equally colorful bird - or owl? - from Art by Marlene's Artsy Arabia. I love that hairdo! I made it sit on a die cut branch.
The birthday sentiment translates to something like: A year older? I would'nt believe it if I didn't know it.

The card was quick and easy to make, so I made another one but used the colors in the reverse order. I think I prefer my first take, though...

 

Please head over to the challenge blog to see the my TioT teamies have made and to get inspired. 

This card is also for:
Allsorts
- #726 Anything Goes with an option of One For The Girls
Crafty Catz - #635 ANYTHING GOES - with Optional Twist Things with Wings
Krafty Chicks - #661 All Occasions

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This owl is adorable and works so well with your stenciling Pia. What a fun card. Happy May to you. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful cards! I love how you used the stencil to apply rainbow colours, it's the perfect happy backdrop for those adorable owls, their hairdos are wonderful 😊. Wishing you a very Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

LOVE those stenciled backgrounds on your super cute cards Pia! Those owls are adorable!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous stencil work behind this fun owl. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous card, Pia! It's FUN and cheerful in rainbow colours! That quirky owl looks awesome and matches perfectly the beautiful stencilled design!
I agree with you and my fav is the first one, but the second one is equally beautiful, perhaps less lightly even if it has the same colours.
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful bird, Pia & he looks perfect atop the stenciled rainbow leaf mandala!!

chrissy xx said...

JUst GORgeous! LOve your colours Pia and such a fun image.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

HilaryJane said...

This is such fun. That stencil looks amazing behind your colourful bird xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW both fabulous colourful cards and owls-love the stencil background too both colourways
Carol x

Viv said...

Brilliant Pia!
The owl is fantastic and I really like the bright rainbow stencil coloured background. x

Chrissy said...

Both cards are fabulous Pia, so bright and colourful and fun with that cute Owl sitting on his branch with his dreamy expression, love the stencil backgrounds they are gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Anke said...

WOW beautiful owl cards, I love your leaf background.

Greetings from Germany
Anke

brenda said...

Love how you used the stencil with a variety of bold colours Pia, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Ina G said...

Both cards are so colourful and those owls are the 'hoot'. Great stencil choice too Pia.

loz said...

Gorgeous cards and stencil colours Pia.Loz

Mervi said...

Stunning and fabulous card! Love it!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mrs.B said...

What fun cards, love that little colourful owl sitting on his branch and I do like the stencil you've used.
Avril xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this owl is fabulous. Love the coloring.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! You are really making me smile! What fabulous and fun cards! Hugs, Chrisx