Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

TioT - Fantasy

Over at Try it on Tuesday our new challenge theme is "Fantasy". For this challenge I  didn't go with fairies, unicorns, monsters or troll, but a fantasy world where an octopus is wearing a hat. I think the image is so cool, it's from Aall&Create and it's brand new to me. I think it's perfect for a male recipient.
I used purple, blue and green Distress inks and used a stencil with a baby wipe to lift some of the color off. I also I used a text stamp on parts of the background. The photo doesn't show it well, so I tried to do a close up photo as well. I added one leftover paper strip, some cheese cloth and a few Pinkfresh Studio Ombré Starry Sky bling.
 
This card is also for:
Creative Crafting Uncles - #44 Animals
I Spy With My Little Eye - Anything Handmade for Boys or Men

I decided to make a second nd similar card using another image from the same stamp set and the same supplies. I masked off the whale and colored it with water and grey distress ink


13 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous mixed media cards, your background is fabulous and like the images-unique and striking.

crafty-stamper said...

Both brilliant cards and love the fabulous Octopus and whale stamps
Carol x

meg said...

Love your octopus stamp and background Pia,a fun card,a great whale card too

Viv said...

Great makes as always Pia - and an octopus wearing a hat fits right in with the theme! x

Joan said...

Fab makes Pia, love the octopus with the hat!



Joan x

Pauline C said...

Love the fab vintage look of the stamps and colouring on these 2 cards. Thanks so much for joining in with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" Challenge on the theme "For Boys/Men".
Pauline xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fun! I love the colours too, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

An octopus wearing a hat is perfect for fantasy Pia. It's a fantastic image and you made a super card. Have a great week. hugs-Erika

Ellibelle said...

Wo wonderful Pia, fabulous details!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!

Meggymay said...

Yes I can imagine a hat wearing octopus, its a fantastic card Pia and a super image to use.
Yvonne x

Pat K said...

Fabulous cards Pia. They show off you wonderful stenciling, stamping and very creative talents. xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Pia, love the image of this octopus in a hat - definitely pure fantasy and just brilliant for this theme.
Avril xx

loz said...

Fantastic cards Pia. I really Love the octopus in a hat stamp..Loz