Sunday, July 8, 2012
Vintage card made of leftovers
This card is totally made from scraps and leftovers. I hardly throw anything away and I try to be "economical" in my cardmaking (I don't dare to think of the money I've spent on this hobby...) If you disassembled this card you would see what I mean!
I can't remember where I got the image, but the post card label is a left over from a design paper. The sentiment is a rub-on ( I love rub-ons!) and I used the masking technique with 2 different unused stamps to make the fence and rose. I also stamped the rose twice and cut out just the flowers. The ribbon bow I made for another project, but I didn't use it then. If I remember correctly, I bought the lace while on a trip to Tallinn and the doily I bought in a food store in Dubai. So this card represents my 2 favorite hobbies: travel and card making!
I participate in the following challenges with this card:
1) Craft Your Days Away - #49 Doily's and Lace
2) Craftymess Challenge - #12 Ribbons and Lace
3) Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Anything Goes
4) It's All About the Vintage - Anything vintage/retro goes
5) Paper Pretties - PPC213 any occasion card
6) Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
7) Waste Not Wednesday - always "use your forgotten stuff"
8) Crazy Amigo Challenge - Vacation (postcard on the card and items bought on holiday - maybe a bit far fetched?)