Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Different Fold Card

Over at Outlawz Twisted Thursday our challenge theme this week is "Anything Goes" without a twist. Our sponsor for April is Besties Designs.

I very seldom make cards with more than one fold, but this one have lots! I found the tutorial for it in a Norwegian craft magazine called "Ett Trykk", but they haven't named this card fold. If anyone knows the name of this fold or have a suggestion of what to call it, please feel free to share:) It envolves folding corners for inserting a removabe panel or tag. I chose to insert my square panel in the bottom corners. As you can see from the smaller photo the card opens like a gatefold. The card base requires a 12x12 sheet, and before I started folding I used a Martha Stewart punch to get decorative edges.
I colored my Bestie image with Promarkers and a white gel pen.I added seambinding ribbon, flowers and pearls and 2 handcut banners with birthday sentiments.

I think this is very different from my usual style, mostly keeping to plainer square and A2 cards with less embellishments. But it's fun to try something different.

I'd like to entermy card in these challenges as well:
1) Creative Card Crew - #86 Fancy Folds
2) Shopping Our Stash - #199 Opposite Day (card with lots of folds and embellishments, stash: flowers)
3) Craft Your Passion - Always Anything Goes
4) Inspiration Destination - #31 Always Anything Goes
5) Love to Scrap - Anything Goes




29 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fold Pia..I love the pretty edges and the red gingham papers...really sweet image and beautifully coloured.Not sure what to call the fold but I know what I love.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is stunning Pia… what a fab design… perfect for a special celebration. Love the sweet image and gorgeous papers and flowers… the card has a wonderful Fresh Summery feel to it! :-)
Hope you have a nice evening!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pia, I love the sweet image and such a fantastic design.
Sue xx

AO Creations said...

Such a cute card!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Laine said...

Beautiful card construction and detial Pia. Such a bright and cheering creation.
Laine
xx

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Pia and I love the fancy fold..might have to give that one a try. Great colours for this sweet image too. Pat K xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Pia, such a lovely image and brilliant design, your decorative edges and pretty embellishments make a beautifully finished card.
Pauline
x

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome project, Pia! But your work is always beautiful! Thanks for taking the Opposite Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Frk. Bogstad said...

Nydeleg kort :) Herlige fargar ♥
Kortet minner meg om napkin-brettkort. Eit "forenkla" eit, ser det ut som ;)

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Pia. A really gorgeous and different shape and beautiful colouring/embellishments and layout.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lau W said...

Don't know the name of this shape but wow it's beautiful !
Love your choice of colors, and the image is very pretty !
xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Just fabulous, Pia!!! Love so so much your very different style, So feminine and youthful!!!
Great design with this folding technique, I must try to make one, it's a stunning and wonderful idea!!! The cardstock under the removable panel can be used for write a hidden message...
And your bestie are just lovely!! Great colouring! I usually don't like so much besties images, but this is really adorable and fun!! The bordered edges, the pearls, the roses and the lace give a romantic touch to your card, I love all the details! Great work!!

Donna said...

Fantastic fancy fold card! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Opposite Day" challenge!

Deepti Stephens said...

Beautiful fancy fold card. Love it Pia, hope you are doing fine.. :)

chrissy xx said...

BEAutiful! What a Wonderful creation Pia. LOving your colours and this sweet image..{I've just bought two Beaties}
Chrissyxx

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card and image. Thanks for stopping by - in answer to your question the background is cardstock!!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful coloring and this fold is amazing!

Heather said...

This is beautiful with such fabulous folds! I need to try fun folds more often. : ) Beautiful coloring and I love the embellishments. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely different fold on this card and gorgeous image displayed so sweetly...gorgeous colours.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Monika Reeck said...

I never put so much folded too Pia but this is amazing..love your coloring Pia..look so fresh and chery...great Card Pia...how are you....was not seen you yesterday ;) I was making bokeh BG...did you ever made one Pia. It was a cool technique..join us at HOC if you have time...hugs..Monika

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and colourful card, beautiful shape ( don't know either).
Isn't it lovely to do something else for a while. I'm waiting the time to use my new stamps.
Have a happy weekend, it's raining here;-))m

loz said...

This is Gorgeous Pia. I wish I knew what the fold was..Loz

sandie said...

she is a cutie and the gingham works so well. I am so bad at using gingham, never know what to match it with!

scrappymo! said...

My goodness Pia...this card is gorgeous!
The fold is superb and the image is beautiful! Your design is so special too.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the different fold card,beautifully coloured image ,great papers and gorgeous bow
Carol x

Peanut said...

Oh so delightfully girly!
x Asha

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun card! I'm so glad we could encourage you to try something new. :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Hope to see your work again.
Big Hug, Yvonne

Kim Heggins said...

What a little doll! She reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls but cuter. Love your fabulous coloring and sweet design!