Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, August 7, 2021

INK #245 Journey - stripes or hearts

For our challenge at Inkspirational this fortnight, we have a word prompt: Journey. You can interpret the theme however you see fit, I chose a sentiment I love, because I think it's so true. 
I actually made 2 cards for this challenge. Sometimes I find it hard to choose what direction to take, like should I go with the heart sttenciled background or the striped die cut one? Well, I went with both. And if you don't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion on which one is your favorite:)
 
Please head over to the challenge blog to see the wonderful makes of my INK-teamies.  


Card 1) Striped background
Here I used my Altenew die and black paper. I rubbed on some silver Nuvo expanding mousse and added white gesso on top once dry. Then I chose a blue striped paper and green ink for the sentiment, to macth the colors of the flowers, they came free with a magazine.
This card is also for Cardz 4 Galz - #152 Dies & Punches
 


Card 2) Stencilled hearts background
I used a stencil and gold Nuvo expanding mousse and I  spritzed with Sangria Art Anthology mist. A pink paper was used for the panel to tie the colors together with the flowers and sentiment.
This card is also for  Allsorts - #635/6 Anything Goes with the option of Roses

25 comments:

meg said...

It's too difficult to choose between your cards Pia,they are both beautiful I love the way the background colours match those in the floral sprays

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards Pia, beautiful flowers and a fabulous sentiment - like you say, so true. I like the striped background but I think the second background is my favourite.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat K said...

Oh to choose..I think they are both fabulous! But if I had to I would select the first one as my favourite, only because of the colours. Very creative work. xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Pia, just getting caught up with blogging and these two cards are a delight, both so pretty - I couldn't pick a favourite.
Avril xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Pia, as everyone has said they are both gorgeous in their own right but I like the first one best.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous card -love the die cut striped frame on the first but must admit I prefer the second one with the stencilled hearts
Carol x

Donna said...

Two fabulous and equally beautiful cards Pia, I can not possibly pick a favorite!

Tammy said...

Two stunning cards Pia! I love the backgrounds and pretty flowers! I have to pick the first card as my favorite only because I love the blue flowers and green sentiment, two of my favorite colors.
Tammy x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of that stamp Pia, and LOVE the sentiment, so actual I think. My fav is the first one it makes the image pop and love the colours too!

Lindsey said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful - I keep going back and forth on which one I could possibly choose over the other! And such a perfect sentiment for our word prompt. Two really gorgeous cards!

Donna Ellis said...

wow! Two gorgeous cards, Pia! I love the background on each one of them, and the sentiment is beautifully done! hugs, de

chrissy xx said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes it is really hard to choose direction.
LOve them both Pia. But, if you really are asking me to choose one? I LOve the design and colours of your first one.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Two beautiful cards Pia, love the flowers and backgrounds and fabulous sentiment..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable project and gorgeous card design...x

Linby said...

Two wonderful cards. I do like flowers and stripes and so your first card really appeals to me with the wonderful background die.
Your card for Allsorts is also beautiful, love how you arranged the elements on the card and that fab stencilled background. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

brenda said...

Two lovely floral creations, many thanks for joining in our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Impossible to choose! They are both gorgeous!

Marina said...

I love the interpretation of the theme. I think these are both ultra-pretty cards with an artsy feel.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards both, beautiful sentiment that hit me today a lot.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

dorsetdawndesigns said...

That's a lovely die in the background and I love your layout. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

loz said...

Two gorgeous cards and BG Pia..Loz

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous creations Pia! Don't make me choose, I love them both ;)

Lena said...

Your cards are lovely. Love the design and the beautiful flowers.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs,
Lena

cm said...

I'm taking the no choice route, because both cards are absolutely gorgeous! And I can see why you love this sentiment; so true! Love these!
hugs~carol

Kim Heggins said...

These are so beautiful!