Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Insects

I've seen some card layouts and sketches lately that gave me the idea to try sectioning my card into panels, using my Lawn Fawn die. I left out the frame and used the cut out panels only.
Before cutting I stamped to pieces of paper with my Memory Box butterfly stamp. I cut on piece into sections and placed these onto the other with foam pads.
Before I did so I colored the butterflies with colors from Color Throwdown. I don't often get to play, but I'm visiting every week, I love seeing how people use the color scheme in different ways.
I also added some paint splatter and embossing powder for a bit of sparkle.

This card is for:
Color Throwdown
- #653
Alphabet Challenge - I IS FOR INSECTS
My Time to Craft - #462 No Patterned Paper


19 comments:

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Pia, a fabulous design - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

A fabulous butterfly card in beautiful colours,love your layout

Pat K said...

Fabulous layout for these beautiful butterflies. Gorgeous card. xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Pia. A fantastic design and lovely butterflies. A realy wonderful effect with the squares and colouring of the butterflies. Great work. Marlies

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love butterflies and this card design is amazing!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Donna said...

This is stunning, I like the butterfly stamp, your coloring and how you did the panels, very striking Pia!

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. Love the color and placement of the butterflies and so glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Pia this is beauitful and the butterflies are gorgeous in the stunning colours. x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a fantastic creation Pia. Awesome colouring and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love all the beautiful butterflies
Carol x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Pia, love the butterflies and their gorgeous colours and love how they cut into panels, so beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Pia, love all of the butterflies and the fabulous design!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, Pia! You have had a really good idea, your design looks so striking! Such great dimensions! Love the cheerful colours palette too!

Broni said...

Beautiful, Pia! I love the dimension you achieved using the foam mounted panels! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

Pia....this is over the top gorgeous!!! So in love with all your beautiful and layered butterflies!

loz said...

Love the butterflies on the panels pia...loz

Lena said...

How lovely! Like a breath of Spring. Love the bright happy colours and the card design. Wow!
Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
♥Lena
Lena’s Creations

Becca Sadler said...

Pia: This is FANTASTIC!!! Love the butterflies. Love the design layout with the raised layers. LOVE it!!! --Becca/DT for MTTC

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so gorgeous. Thanks for joining my Alphabet Challenge theme. Love Dawn x