For this one I chose to use a vintage image of a sailor boy. I went with blue, white and sand colored papers and embellishments for a nautical feel.
The DPs I've used are from Maja Desgin. To add some feel of texture I embossed a square of paper, I machine stitched around the edges using silver thread, I put cheesecloth behind the image and a bit of jute to make the frame.
The anchor is die cut using a Die-namics die, and I embossed the paper with platinum ultra thick embossing enamel to give it a metallic look.
The embossed square opens up, and on the inside I've made a pocket for a gift card or money and space to write. I added to die cut rounded tags to make the flaps for the square and decorated them with candy. The sentiment I chose to put between the flaps, it's a confirmation greeting and it's been heat embossed with blue embossing powder.
This card is for these challenges:
1) Digi Sketch Challenge - For the Boys
2) Ooh La La Creations - Vintage/Nostalgic
3) Penny's Paper-Crafty - #126 Diecuts/punches
4) Everybody-Art-Challenge - #235 Fabric
5) Stamping Sensations - Embossing and Texture
6) Delicious Doodles - Something for the Boys
7) Fairy Tale - #66 - A Very Special Occasion
8) Paper Creator's Crafts - For the Boys
9) 2 Sisters - #141 Bingo (Embossing+Patterned Paper+Die Cuts/Punches)
10) Make it Monday - Anything Goes