Monday, March 10, 2014
Green is not my color....
To compensate for my mixed feelings about all the green I added lots of texture - cheesecloth, corrugated paper and a linen textured ribbon. Even the background DP has a textured look.
This sweet image lives over at Meljen's Designs. I did have a little mishap coloring the background with inks (I usually fussy cut my images to avoid this), so I needed to cover up the mess by using crackle paint.
I made the sentiment using green letter stickers, and I added a die cut note (Dienamics). And of course, there's some stitching too, I used a white thread this time.
I'll leave this card as it is for now, but I might alter it some time in the future:)
This card is for these challenges:
1) Meljens Designs - #200 Celebrations
2) Come and Get It Challenges - Ribbons & Bows
3) Open-Minded Challenges - #5 Use Something Green
4) Pattie's Creations - #87 Green for St. Patrick's Day
5) Make it Monday - Anything Goes (their last challenge)