I used a ticket stamp with greeting for the sentiment, and I have used dies to cut out the stars - using scrap papers only. The Core'dinations paper has been sanded to bring out the star pattern, and I have also sanded along the edges to give a distressed look. The kraft paper stars have been distressed with brown ink.
I think the theme is perfect for a boy - what little boy has never played cowboys and the Wild West, even dreamt of being a cowboy himself....
This was a really fun card to make!
I enter this card into the following challenges:
1) Here Come The Boys - #26 Hobbies (playing Cowboys in the Wild West)
2) Sentimental Sundays - #100 Cards for Kids
3) Craft Your Days Away - #44 Just for Children
4) Send a Smile for Kids - For the Boys
5) Truly Scrumptious - #79 Distressing + diecuts/punches
6) Crafty Sentiments - For A Child
7) Cards For Men - Texture
8) Digi Makeover Challenge - Birthday
9) That Craft Place Challenge Blog - One for the Boys