Friday, July 5, 2013
Holiday in the City
I stamped the image using Dusty Concord Distress Ink, it has a deep rich purple color. I stamped the image twice, cut out the woman an mounted her on foam for dimension. I used a lavender colored floral paper to make her dress and hat. I decorated her hat with Lavender Lace Liquid Pearls and a white flower that I inked with the Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I gave her a crocodile leather purse.
For the sentiment I hand cut a banner using the same DP as for the background. It doesn't come out well in the picture, but it's a very light purple DP with a checkered pattern. The sentiment (which translates to congratulations or happy birthday in Norwegian) is heat embossed with purple embossing powder.
This card is for these challenges:
1) Inkspirational - #27 Color Inkspiration
2) Crafty Cardmakers - Holiday (City Break)
3) Crafting for all Seasons - #55 Girly
4) Paper Crafting Journey - Anything but a Square
5) ABC Challenges - Anything Goes
6) Make it Monday - Anything Goes