For my card I was obviously inspired by the sea, but also Stars and Stripes and the red, white and blue color scheme.
I started out by heat embossing the ship using blue embossing powder on a piece of vellum. I attached it to a red and white DP with Stars and Stripes from Maja Design. I slipped the map, stamped with blue ink onto kraft, behind the vellum. I used white string, a star metal charm and three rhinestones. I didn't find a sentiment that I thought would fit with the layout (I often forget to plan ahead for the placement of a sentiment), so I stamped one on the inside. The panel on the front is mounted on foam and I've used a dark blue paper for my card base.
I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
1) Crafty Catz - #238 Stars or Stripes or Both
2) 4 Crafty Chicks - #201 Nautical
3) Seize The Birthday - Stars and stripes
4) Stampotique Designers' Challenge - #154 Travel/Vacation
5) Twisted Tuesday - Red, White & Blue with the twist of Stars