Sunday, January 12, 2014
Ice Skates for Christmas Card #2
This is the first time I use the lovely ice skates die from Tim Holtz. The skates look really white in the photo, but I've used both Old Paper and Walnut DI on them. For the metallic look I used metal tape.
I used snowflake dies from Marianne to make the larger snowflakes and a punch to make the smaller ones. I added frantage to each of them. The oval is die cut with a Spellbinders die.
The DP is from Maja Design. The Christmas sentiment in Norwegian is made with a stamp from Kort&Godt. I heat embossed the sentiment with brown embossing powder.
The brads and string have been in my stash for a long time, I can't remember their origin. I didn't want to stitch this time, so I used a border stamp around the edges. I also distressed them as well.
This is for these challenges:
1) Winter Wonderland - Monochrome
2) Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - #159 Winter Weather
3) Totally Papercrafts - #201 - Winter Wonderland
4) jingle belles - Something Old, Something New (old and new dies)
5) Make it Monday - Anything Goes