The theme of 52CT this week is the combination of purple, white and silver. Most of my Christmas cards traditionally include the combination of red and white, but one of my favorite colors is purple, and some of you might know I have a weak spot for, well, spots.
So I stamped the reindeer on a purple DP with spots, using a Tilda stamp. I love the little wings on the reindeer's back, and I love that I can easily cut them off too. I used a white gel pen to color the wings and the antlers, and I added some silver glitter glue to the ribbon around its neck. The trees were already die cut, left overs from before Christmas, using the Marianne Creatable tree die. I tore a piece of a watercolor paper to make the snowy ground. The background paper is a purple DP with snowflakes.
I wondered whether to stop there, but I have lots of purple rhinestones and decided to add some to the trees, and I added glitter sticker letters to make the sentiment - Merry Christmas in Norwegian. I think this card would work as a winter greeting card too, without the sentiment. If I need a last minute card I might do just that. But there are only 11 and a half months left until Christmas, and I need to make Christmas cards as well - might as well get an early start.
This card is for these challenges:
1) 52 Christmas Throwdown - Purple, Silver and White
2) That Craft Place - Snowy Christmas
3) Totally Gorjuss - #166 Spotty
4) Jellypark Challenges - Winter Animals
5) ABC Christmas Challenge - A for Animal
6) Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Anything Goes
7) Love to Create Challenge Blog - #48 Sparkle and Snowflakes
8) Make it Monday - Anything Goes