Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Teddy Bea with Wings

After 4 male cards I thought I'd compensate with a pink and girlie one, inspired by the Inkspirational photo. The layout is also inspired by a previous Inkspirational sketch .
This cards's taken me so long to make, I've been moving all bits and pieces around for hours! Always when I make pink cards I've got mixed feelings about the result. I guess we all experience that, especially when stepping out of our comfort zones...
I've used silver and brown colors in addition to all the pink. The flower patterned paper came free with a magazine. I used an embossing folder for the half circle. The flowers are stamped, I heat embossed them using holographic embossing powder, fussy cut them and added a pink pearl to each center. I wanted to use my silver glitter paper for my punched butterflies but couldn't find it, so I added the holographic embossing powder to scraps of silver and white paper instead - I think it works just as fine as with the real thing. I've used MB dies for the clouds, I added a rub on with a birthday sentiment to the largest one.
I used cork paper for the Marianne Creatables fence. Teddy Bea has been colored with Promarkers, and she's got a touch of glitter glue on her wings. I fussy cut her as well. I've machine stitched with glitter thread around the edges of the top layer.


This card is for these challenges:
1) Inkspirational - #15 Photo
2) Card Crafter's Circle - Die Cuts and/or Dry Embossing
3) Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Wings
4) Pattie's Creations - Make It Sparkle
5) Creative Moments - #14 Things with Wings
6) Flutterby Wednesdays - #235 Open
7) Whimsy Inspiration - #58 Pretty In Pink
8) Passion For Promarkers Challenge - #193 Cut Out Your Images
9) Stamp and Create - Use at least 1 Die Cut
10) Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - Stitching - Real or faux  

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pia, lovely Teddy Beau image and colour combos. Gorgeous embossing and papers and love the clouds...fab card. oh ta for the fab postcard, so appreciated...xx

Laine said...

This is stunning Pia. Love Teddy Bea and all of the fabulous design detail.
Laine
xx

chrissy xx said...

BEAutiful Pia...I LOve your image and I LOve this design...
FABulous colours too...Those little butterflies are awesome.
Chrissyxx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Pia. I love Teddy Bea - she always puts a smile on my face. Wonderful colours and design...love the cork fence. hugs, Pat K x

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable. Love the cork fence. Thanks for joining us for the Make It Sparkle challenge at Pattie's Creations.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pia. I love the cute image, beautiful colour scheme and such fabulous detailing too.
Sue xx

sandie said...

Hi Pia, wow this has so much wonderful detail. I think the fact you used the Brown and silver has broken up all the pink just right. right.Trully inspired idea to use cork for the fence and how cool that you used one of our previous sketches. Great to see you again this week at Inkspirational x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Pia!! what a fab layout and I love the embossing and paper… Teddy Bea is really cute and coloured beautifully… I love all the embellishments… they are just perfect! :-))
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Oh this is stunning Pia! I love that sweet image and your fabulous design!!
Hugs, Tammy

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Pia, I love Teddy Bea and your papers are lovely. Fabulous cork fence and your flowers and clouds complete your card perfectly.
Pauline
x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with an adorable image! You used a lovely embossing as too. The little clouds look great! hugs, Marlies

Silli said...

Pia, your card is so darn cute, love all the wonderful details... xoxo

Saumya said...

ohhh my this is soo cute.....lovely design n selection of colors :)

Pysselfröken said...

Hi!
Such a beautiful Card. I love the cute Image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Hugs Frida

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Pia! Love the sweet image and lovely papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Pai, this is such a gorgeous card, adorable image.
Avril xx

Unknown said...

Pia this is amazing! I love all of your fantastic details. I know how you feel about pink, but I really love how this turned out! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Danni said...

Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Sara S. said...

Lovely colors! The layout is great, and I love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous and very pretty. Lovely colours and layout.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Ruth M said...

Another gorgeous card from you Pia, love all your accent details and texture - the cork fence is fab!
So lovely to have you playing along with us at Inkspirational, I look forward to seeing what you make for us next time! Ruth x

Lau W said...

Oh just looooooove your card ! So pretty in pink ! and brown is fab with pink ! Love the word in the cloud !
xxx

Mynn xx said...

This is so sweet, Pia! LOVE the darling image and the beautiful scene you created! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Shelby said...

I love the layout of this card and how you've created a fantastic scene with the die cuts! Awesome card.

Shelby

jane stillman said...

Such a sweet card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle this week, good luck

Jen Nelson said...

Fab cut out image.
Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week
Jen x

scrappymo! said...

I love the wy you made a scene with your image...popping the embossed circle just off the page was a brilliant idea!

I must remember to try using up some of my cork for a fence...another brilliant idea. You should not feel nervous to do the pink and girly cards...you ace them!!!

WeirdCat said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight
Ruth x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

My goodness you get a lot of free paper in magazines! This one is so pretty and works so well with the rest of the card. Love all the pinks working together and that fence is really neat (I meant to mention it for your last one too). Great embossing, the flowers are pretty and I love the little pearls in the centres. Awesome card overall.

Lisa

Peanut said...

SO beautiful! Delicate, elegant without being too sugar-coated. Just the right amount of girly.
Thanks for sharing, Pia.
xxx Asha

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

having a {me} day said...

What a beautiful card! love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Make It Sparkle' Challenge #65!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

Skye said...

A pretty card. I like the touches you add. The flowers are lovely.

Gail said...

Your cards are inspiring me to take out my dusty embossing folders and do something with them. I love your little touches of dry embossing on so many of your cards. Thank you for posting such pretty cards that are inspiration for so many of us!! --Gail