I was inspired by the picture over at The Play Date Cafe, which to me said neutral colors and nature. So I finally took out a DP I've held on to for some while to make the background - I just love the wooden look of it.
I also knew what image to use, as well as I wanted to use some leftovers: a strip of a lattice die cut, part of a fence die cut, and a die cut circle frame I didn't use for another project.
The circle I covered with gesso. I also used 2 different washi tapes. The one with script is untouched, but to give the black and white one with the diamond pattern an aged look I used sandpaper on it, then added walnut distress ink on top - and that's also my tip for Top Tip Tuesday.
For texture I used cheesecloth and jute onto which I attached a clock metal charm. I also added a ticket with sentiment, a button and 2 flowers. I don't think I've ever used flowers on a male card before, but I've seen others make it work, so I thought I'd give it a go too.
This card is for these challenges:
1) The Play Date Cafe - PDCC176 Picture
2) Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog - #3 Vintage/Shabby
3) LEJ Designs - #47 Your Favourite Style
4) Paper Minutes - #263 Washi Tape
5) Top Tip Tuesday - #98 Girls & Boys Come Out To Play
6) Shopping Our Stash - #96 Not Your Normal Paper
7) ABC Challenge - K for Kraft
8) By the Cute & Girly - Vintage
9) Live & Love Crafts Challenge - BINGO (Cheesecloth+Vintage+Flowers)
10) Make it Monday - Anything Goes